If you're a musician or spoken word artist interested in making an album with Blue Forge Records, here are some guidelines and facts to keep in mind:
1. We are open to any genre of music that is not violent in nature. No explicit lyrics about violence.
2. We do not provide studio musicians or background musicians.
3. While many of our musicians record their music on their own and turn in their finished tracks, we do have sound studios and recording equipment on site at our campus in Port Orchard, Washington, that are free for our musicians to use.
4. We do not censor our musicians... however, if distributors have questions or objections to lyrics, we mediate for our musicians to find compromises or to better explain the musician's position and get the track approved. We advocate for our musicians, not for the industry.
5. We require a minimum of nine tracks for an album but we do prefer twelve to fourteen.
6. Musicians help develop their music videos and work with us or partnered film crews to create them. See all our music videos here.
7. Musicians work with us to design their album packaging.
8. Musicians do not pay to produce an album with us. They do not pay us to host concerts. Unless musicians specifically want copies of their albums to sell on their own, musicians pay for nothing. (Musicians can order stock of their own albums at 50% off the retail price plus actual shipping -- no tax and no processing.)
9. We are a volunteer-run, 501(c)3 nonprofit company; every staff person that musicians work with are actually musicians with albums produced by Blue Forge Records.
10. While we're willing to work with musicians and spoken word artists from all over the world, right now we only produce albums in English and we only host concerts in Washington State.
11. If interested in working with us, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact form. Tell us about yourself and about your music. You'll hear back from Jennifer DiMarco (an artisan working with all the Blue :Legacy divisions who is also our CFO and founder) within two working days.